"The only thing better than singing is more singing."
Ella Fitzgerald

 

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

State of neglect

I realised I haven't blogged in decades! (ok, so I exaggerate...)

Been on contract the past one and a half months with another 2 weeks to go. The money will come handy since I'll be going on holiday to Bali as well as Hong Kong come end September and October. Yes, I am fretting cos the money I will be spending on these two holidays is stressing me out!

I'm the sort of wants to stay in a wonderful luxurious place but doesn't want to pay the price for it. So you can imagine the headache I got when trying to sort out accommodation in both places. At first Bali wasn't a huge problem in terms of prices but then suddenly one of my friends decides to budget her accommodation at a ridiculously low amount (well, ridiculously low in terms of the sort of accommodation we were looking at!) After much research and online bargaining (sometimes grovelling), we managed to get a place with a good location, had all the things we wanted and at a price which was well, about RM25 a day more than what said-friend budgeted for. Sat her down, showed her maps, showed her pictures of accommodation, listed out the inclusions and over a few beers, we managed to convince her. Phew! So Bali's settled.

And now, there's the Hong Kong headache to take care of. It doesn't help too that October is super peak period. All the hotel prices I've checked on the internet are sky rocket high - some at a 100% increase for the month of October! Again, I want a nice place but don't want to pay the price. Honestly, the price I'm willing to pay per night should get me a damn nice room in a pretty good 4-5 star hotel at any other time. But in October, I can only afford a 3-star with my budget! And I'm not willing to pay that amount of money for a 3-star when I know it's good for a 4-5 star! Ughh...the headache, the headache. Why does HOCC have to have her concert at that time?!

Anyway, I've decided to leave accommodation in Hong Kong til later. I was told to wait til mid/end September. Oh well, nothing to lose I guess. The prices can't get any more expensive than what they are now. And if they do, well, I'll just cry, grit my teeth and have to come up with the ridiculous amount of money they're asking for. We shall see.

I think I need to go to bed now. Can't believe I just said I what I said in the line above.