"The only thing better than singing is more singing."
Ella Fitzgerald

 

Thursday, May 18, 2006

I know you know. You know I know.

It's funny how some things just change overnight.

Well. Maybe not overnight. I've noticed it for awhile now. But the thing is, it just changed. Like that.

I mean, what happened?

Is it because nothing happened?

But...

Oh well.

After all, who am i to say that things cannot change?

It's just...weird, i guess. It's like, suddenly there's this void, this quietness.

But i understand. i think. Why waste time if you feel it's not going anywhere, right? Maybe you found something or someone else to focus on. Something or someone who would bear better results - or even some sort of result. Might as well spend time elsewhere knowing that might maybe end up somewhere, right? Yea, i understand...

Maybe i was a fool to not notice it earlier. Well, it's not that i didn't notice it...i guess i just wanted to ignore it. But after awhile, it gets harder and harder to ignore. The phone calls get fewer. The conversations much shorter. The SMSes less frequent. How much more obvious can it get?

So i make mine less too. Although it hasn't been easy. I pick up the phone and my thumb hovers over the call or SMS button each time. But that's all i let it do now. Just hover. There's nothing worst than a clinger. And i'm not going to be one.

I get the message that's being conveyed. Loud and clear.

Ya, i totally understand.

I won't deny that i miss it though...

Each time my phone rings or buzzes, i wonder if it's from you. At times, I don't even dare to hope it's from you. So that if, in the rarity, it is from you, it gives me unexpected joy to know that you're still thinking of me even though i know it's much less now.