"The only thing better than singing is more singing."
Ella Fitzgerald

 

Friday, May 12, 2006

oh, what a night

I got hit on last night. Hahaha.

I was actually more bemused and a little weirded out rather than scared. Then again, why would I be scared? I know her. Well, sort of know her through friends. And my best friend's partner seemed to take it upon herself to 'protect' me from her last night.

So yes.

Bemused 'cos it was obvious she was totally off her face and totally hitting on me. I think it's true what they say about how everything seems more beautiful when you're drunk. hahaha. Also, weirded out 'cos under normal circumstances, i don't think she would even give me a second look. One, she already has a girlfriend; and two, my ex is one of her 'brothers'. What really amused me too was that my best friend's partner kept 'butting' in. Ok, to her credit, she was being protective, I guess.

Oh. And to set the matter straight. I was sober. Very sober. Me = designated driver, so all i had was one very diluted whiskey and water the whole night. Ya, i can't believe it either. Me. Didn't drink. Go buy lottery now.

Anyway, very drunken girl eventually went home. And so did we. And like normal, everybody just forgets what happened the night before. I mean, hey, if you can't blame the alcohol for giving you amnesia, what's the point of drinking?

So, I was pretty surprised that she called today to apologize for her behaviour last night. I mean, most people would just feint memory loss and pretend last night never happened. Hahaha. Oh well.

I won't deny i was flattered by the attention last night. 'Cos, it hardly (ok, more like, rarely) ever happens. Hahaha. So ya, It was all pretty fun, and i woke up this morning without a hangover. I can't say the same for the rest of them though.