"The only thing better than singing is more singing."
Ella Fitzgerald

 

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Some people are just no help

And it's sad to say that these some people are usually friends whom you think you can count on and will give you the appropriate advice.

The scenario:

I just bought an external HD and casing today. Went home, plugged it into my mac and nothing appeared on my desktop. So the first person i could think of to call was of course my friend who sells mac and therefore should know a thing or two about the machines she sells (i would think that's only obvious.) Instead of giving me advice i can use, all she said was, well that's what happens when you buy an el-cheapo casing. I was like, hello, the casing cost me about rm200 and it comes with firewire too. She said, yes rm200 is el-cheapo. A good mac casing would cost me in the region of rm300. So go spend more money. What wonderful advice. Needless to say i got terribly irritated with her. OK, fine, i didn't buy the HD from you. But hello, you idiots don't sell casing, so why should i buy from you? And not only did you not give me any solution to my problem, you just added to it. Well, fuck you.

So I called the shop I had bought the HD from. They went through the trouble of speaking with someone from a mac shop and guided me step by step through the process of installing and mounting my HD. And yes, it works perfectly fine and i can see it on my desktop now. This is what i call a solution. None of that oh too bad, who ask you to buy an el-cheapo one? Fucking bullshit.

I'll know better than to call her up from now on. Bloody pissed me off.

Anyway, i bought a bluetooth dongle today too. And can you believe the stupid thing doesn't work with headsets! Arghhhhh! I have to return it. Arghhhhhh!

Spent over rm600 today and it just hasn't been my day.

Grrr.