"The only thing better than singing is more singing."
Ella Fitzgerald

 

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Ahn nyeong ha se yo. 點解韓國咁唔好玩.

Why Korea is not much fun.

1. The guided tour was a con job.
2. The tour guide was a useless, rude and unprofessional piece of shit.
3. The bus was crappy.
4. The bus driver sucked.
5. The hotels were a sad case.
6. The food was terribly boring.
7. There's really nothing much to do in Korea.

Really.

I know it's not fair to compare Korea to Japan, but one can't help it. Japan has so many things going for it. Korea just comes across like a bad copy of Japan.

So many people go to Korea every year. For what? I really don't get it. I mean, in terms of 'Nothing much to see or do', Korea ranks right up there. I guess for those who follow Korean serials, the highlight of the trip and probably the main reason for wanting to go Korea is to visit the TV studio and places where filming of various 'famous' serials took place. But for me, it was more like, 'Ok, you've brought me to this street which has absolutely nothing. Why? Oh. 'Cos some serial was filmed here.' WTF? I paid money to look at a street?

Anyway. We had to make our own fun. And fun we had. Thank goodness for the company. If not, I would need another proper holiday to recover from this con one.

So. I'm back.

Anyone missed me? Hahaha.

Photos will be up later. When I've compiled them all together (there were 4 cameras clicking away after all!)